Alan Sorkin has a rich, varied career as a Chief Executive of several for-profit and not-for-profit corporations and a major philanthropic funding organization. He and his wife Louarn were founding partners of San Diego Social Venture Partners in 2001. They remain highly involved because of the friendships they have made; the quality of the work that we do; and the leverage our partners create for San Diego nonprofit and philanthropic community. Alan is the immediate Past President of Social Venture Partners International, former board member and Advisory board member of San Diego Grantmakers and Just in Time for Foster Youth. Today he volunteers most of his time, expertise and energy to developing leaders and community solutions.
• Founder and CEO of real estate construction, development, and food service companies in Chicago, Atlanta and San Diego
• Creator of Award Winning Residential Communities
• Vistage member from 1989 to 1996
• Advisory Board Member to a division of CRC Health, the nation’s largest behavioral health Treatment Company
• Founder/Volunteer CEO of 4 not-for profit organizations and Volunteer CEO of a major philanthropic organization
Coaching & Mentoring:
• Leadership and Coalition Building Instructor at National Guard National Interagency Civil-Military Institute
• Non-profit coach for leaders in Romania, Ecuador, Tijuana, Mongolia, Washington, New Hampshire, Maryland, Nevada & San Diego
• Coached and facilitated 23 San Diego Private School Headmasters
• Coaches and facilitates 16 high-achieving, award-winning, CEOs & Presidents
• Mentors 5 Nonprofit Executive Directors & Board Chairs
Alan is also the winner of the Center for Wealth & Legacy™ Inspiration Award, Social Venture Partners International Leadership Award, Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America and San Diego North County Volunteer of the Year, and San Diego Channel 10 Individual of the Year, Women’s International Center’s Living Legacy Award, The San Diego Crime Commission Community Service Award and the Mothers Against Drunk Driving Community Service Award.